Thursday, January 12, 2017

How to recover SharePoint_Config database from Suspect state

Recently my SharePoint sites and Central Administration site became not accessible. After some inspection I found that they cannot access SharePoint Config database. When I checked SharePoint_Config database by SQL Management Studio I saw that SharePoint_Config database is marked as Suspect. That is the first time that I saw a database has been listed as Suspect.

After doing some research I found the technet article below.

http://ift.tt/2jJeczF

As suggested I run the following sql commands one after another.

  • EXEC sp_resetstatus SharePoint_Config;
  • ALTER DATABASE yourDBname SET EMERGENCY
  • DBCC checkdb(‘SharePoint_Config’)
  • ALTER DATABASE SharePoint_Config SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
  • DBCC CheckDB (‘SharePoint_Config’, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)
  • ALTER DATABASE SharePoint_Config SET MULTI_USER

Unfortunately these steps didn’t solve my problem. After finding the main causes of this problem can be hardware failure or corrupted files, I tried to check disks of the SQL server. Although SQL server is on a virtual machine, somehow it’s disk has been corrupted and check disk process successfully repaired these errors. After that the above sql commands successfully recoved SharePoint_Config database.

So don’t forget to check the disks before trying SQL repair steps.


by Kerem Ozen via Kerem Ozen's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment