Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Azure DevOps (VSTS) - The current operating system is not capable of running this task, with "Azure File Copy"

During daily operations and work in Azure DevOps, one of the many things I'm doing is building Docker images and doing related tasks. Since I run everything on Linux, and the Hosted Ubuntu linux agent is ridiculously fast, I'm using that for all my tasks in my pipelines.

Unfortunately, if you want to use the Azure File Copy task, you're out of luck. It is not supported on Linux currently (but should be eventually). You might end up with this error:

The current operating system is not capable of running this task. That typically means the task was written for Windows only. For example, written for Windows Desktop PowerShell.

So that's that. Either I go back to a Windows agent for this/these specific tasks,

... Read the full post on https://zimmergren.net/azure-devops-vsts-current-operating-system-not-capable-of-running-this-task-linux/

by Tobias Zimmergren via Zimmergren

No comments:

Post a Comment